After endless trips to France to meet the needs of discerning customers for her antique businesses, the owner of this apartment finally decided to invest in her own home away from home.
Fortunately for her (and us!) we’d teamed up before on many of those trips to France in search of antique gems, so it wasn’t long before the right apartment was located and bought! The building dates from the 17th century. Its tall ceilings reveal massive wooden beams and its structural limestone walls have been exposed in the kitchen. The original tomette tiles are hexagonal in shape, recalling France herself, whose countrymen affectionately call her the Hexagone.
Working together to remodel and furnish this home away from home, we sought to create a presence and atmosphere which captured and juxtaposed both an in-depth knowledge of French antiques with a sense of Southern tranquility.
A functioning fireplace framed by a wall of attractive cabinetry enhance the old world atmosphere, while the fresh Egyptian linens (exquisitely monogrammed by the owner herself), quality appliances and, of course, cable television, telephone and high speed internet connection remind you you’re in the 20th century and glad to be here. The bathroom adjoining the bedroom is impeccable.
Like our other apartments on rue Mazarine, this one is set near museums and amidst the throbbing markets, restaurants and cafés near the Odéon metro, the central meeting point for a night out at art gallery openings or the cinema in the historical center of the Left Bank.
- Number of bedrooms: One bedroom
- Number of bathrooms: One bathroom
- Number of beds: Twin beds in one room, single motion sleeping sofa in living room
- Sleeps: 4
- Rate: US$285 per night plus US$125 one time cleaning fee
- Minimum stay: 4 nights
- Access: 2nd floor European. 3rd American. No elevator.
- Closest Metro: Odéon
- Kitchen with oven, vitro ceramic stove, microwave, full size fridge and freezer, dishwasher
- Washing machine and dryer
- Linens, paper products, hairdryer and soap provided
- Air conditioning
- Flat screen television with cable TV, Bookshelf hi fi with CD player and radio, Telephone and answering machine
- Broadband with wifi and ethernet cable connection
Check-in: Between 2pm and 7pm. Earlier arrival possible if apartment is vacant. Arrivals after 7pm incur a late arrival fee. A representative will be waiting to greet you at the apartment and to give you your introductory tour.
Payment: By credit card only. Mastercard/Visa (no credit card fees apply). 50% deposit is required at time of booking to secure the reservation. The balance is required 8 weeks prior to arrival.