‘Dragon Street’ has survived over the centuries as a narrow, medieval street, unscathed by urban renewal and the boulevard craze of the late 19th century, thanks to the protective dragons at her gates. The top of the street has an iron dragon flanking the building overlooking the street, and one block over on the rue de Rennes, there is little noticed carved stone dragon in waiting. Surely no one dared to tinker with the age old layout of the Dragon’s lair, which is just one reason that living on this street is such a charming experience.
What makes this particular address even more appealing is that the northern end of the street gives out directly onto the Boulevard St. Germain and the St. Germain des Près square, which is perhaps the most celebrated public square in Paris and a major watering hole for the rich and famous. The southern end of the street opens out onto a large intersection where five different streets come together; but if you continue on the trajectory of the rue du Dragon, you will find yourself on the centuries old rue du Cherche-Midi, where the world famous bakery, Poilâne, is located, literally 2 blocks from your flat. If you head a few blocks farther down, you will come to La Grande Epicerie, which has become the première Fine Food store in Paris.
Our one bedroom apartment is a lovely, spacious flat which was decorated with true flair and a very French feel. Although the flat is technically only a one bedroom/one bath dwelling (with a separate toilet), in the living room there are two single sofa beds, plus a good sized couch, so 4 to 5 people could stay in the flat if need be. Large enough to entertain people, the living room faces East and looks out over the rue du Dragon, providing a plush environment for you to relax and enjoy your Parisian life to the fullest. The kitchen was conceived for those who like to cook. The dining area and kitchen are all in one large space, making cooking a convivial undertaking. This is a quiet, charming, heart of Paris home in the most desirable area of the Left Bank. For those who want to have a touch of medieval Paris just around the corner from the chic Place St. Germain des Près, it is hard to do better.
- Number of bedrooms: One bedroom
- Number of bathrooms: One bathroom
- Number of beds: King size bed can be converted into two twin beds in master bedroom. Two full size sleepers in living room.
- Sleeps: 4
- Rate: US$450 per night plus US$125 one time cleaning fee
- Minimum stay: 4 nights
- Access: 3rd floor European. 4th American. Elevator w/code. High level security lock on apartment door. Interphone.
- Closest Metro: St. Germain des Pres (Line 4), Rennes (Line 12)
- Kitchen with full size oven, high end 4 burner gas range, microwave, fridge with freezer section
- Bathtub with shower set up, sink, toilet separate
- Washing machine and dryer
- Linens, paper products, hairdryer and soap provided
- Flat screen TV with cable
- Internet – wi-fi broadband
- No smoking and no pets
Check-in: Between 2pm and 7pm. Earlier arrival possible if apartment is vacant. Arrivals after 7pm incur a late arrival fee. A representative will be waiting to greet you at the apartment and to give you your introductory tour.
Payment: By credit card only. Mastercard/Visa (no credit card fees apply). 50% deposit is required at time of booking to secure the reservation. The balance is required 8 weeks prior to arrival.