7th Arrondissement – The best of Parisian life
Given any city in the world, wherever you find real estate prices to be the highest, you are surely in the most sought-after place to be. Such is the reality of the St. Germain des Pres district on the Left Bank in the historic centre of Paris. For reasons that should become obvious once you are there, this particular area of Paris is the most desirable for many seasoned travelers who know Paris well. Here you have quiet courtyards, with history, beauty and convenience at your fingertips, and many major museums and monuments within a short walking distance of the flat: the Seine River is a couple of blocks down, the ORSAY MUSEUM is a 5 minute walk and if you add another couple of minutes, you can get to the LOUVRE MUSEUM by crossing the river. The fabulous location, combined with the modern amenities of this lovely, spacious flat, should be all that you need to experience living in Paris, content as a cat.
The name of what is actually a very short, quiet street, Pré aux Clercs, comes from the earliest days of Parisian history, and it is all that remains of a very large, natural park space, which once belonged to the University of Paris. The area came to be called the ‘Pré aux Clercs’ (or Scholar’s Field), since it was where student intellectuals (an early meaning of the word ‘clerk’), went to relax, picnic and party, in defiance of the austere, disapproving monks who lived next door in the Abbey of St. Germain des Pres. How appropriate, you might say, to be staying in a place on a street that is symbolic of fun loving, carefree student life, for Paris is Pleasure, as we all know, and when you splurge on a flat like our ST GERMAIN PRE AUX CLERCS property, you are undoubtedly here to enjoy the best of what Parisian life has to offer. The space in the apartment is only one of the luxuries that you will come to partake, as you pamper yourself with well deserved indulgence in the finer things in life.
The elegant, personal décor in this apartment reflects the taste of the owners’ multi-cultural, international background. They only wish to share their private home with discerning visitors who fully appreciate and respect their personal belongings. Because of the sumptuous décor, any real revelry should remain in the streets, which is why children under 18 are not allowed to stay here. High above the street and accessible by elevator, in this particular haven of transparent space, with morning, then evening sunlight pouring in and an atmosphere of calm repose, you should consider yourself to be privileged to savor Parisian life at its best.
- Number of bedrooms: One bedroom
- Number of bathrooms: One bathroom
- Number of beds: Bedroom with queen size bed, bed couch in adjoining space.
- Sleeps: 4. No children under 18 years of age.
- Rate: US$385 per night plus US$155 one time cleaning fee
- Minimum stay: 3 nights
- Access: Located on fifth floor. Digi-code security on building door. High caliber security lock on apartment door.
- Closest Metro: Bac and St. Germain des Pres
- Kitchen with full electric oven and electric stove, microwave, fridge with freezer component, dishwasher
- Bathtub with shower, toilet and sink. Another separate toilet in hallway
- Washing machine with dryer included
- Linens, paper products, hairdryer and soap provided
- Air conditioning
- Cable TV. Stereo. Free phone calls to most countries.
- Broadband internet with Wi-Fi and ethernet cable connection
- No smoking and no pets
Check-in: Between 2pm and 7pm. Earlier arrival possible if apartment is vacant. Arrivals after 7pm incur a late arrival fee. A representative will be waiting to greet you at the apartment and to give you your introductory tour.
Payment: By credit card only. Mastercard/Visa (no credit card fees apply). 50% deposit is required at time of booking to secure the reservation. The balance is required 8 weeks prior to arrival.