Site of a Paris Pilgrimage
Imagine Quasimodo sleeping beneath the majestic Gothic tower of Notre Dame, and then fancy yourself in a somewhat similar situation with the Baroque northern side façade of the Church of St Sulpice in exquisite relief just beyond your bedroom window…yet without the bells above your head!
Your one bedroom rue de St Sulpice apartment, situated in view of the St. Germain des Pres Church tower on one side and the Church of St. Sulpice on the other, is quintessentially Parisian with top of the line modern facilities, internet access, cable television and an elevator providing today’s comforts in a spiritually rich, historical setting. Newly renovated by a couple of committed Francophiles, the apartment is light, bright and homey. A fully- fitted kitchen, bathroom and separate bedroom make the space a perfect pied-a-terre for two, with the possibility of accommodating up to four due to the additional queen sized Steiner sofa bed in the living room, if need be.
For those who believe that the only real Paris pilgrimage is a shopping spree, just turn right upon exiting the building and begin your indulgence. In this neighborhood, all is at your fingertips for sinfully spending your money and/or cleansing your soul, as the spirit may move you. The St. Germain area is a fashionista’s playground with a host of shops ranging from prominent fashion house labels such as Yves Saint Laurent to more modest independent designers.
In fulfilling your every exotic food fantasy or fashion whim as only Paris permits, you may deplete your life savings and verge on a stay in credit purgatory; but solace should come in confessing afterwards to your friends that it was a heavenly path you followed in the pursuit of pleasure, perched up there between two of Paris’s most prominent churches.
- Number of bedrooms: One bedroom
- Number of bathrooms: One bathroom
- Number of beds: King size bed in bedroom and Steiner queen size sofa bed in living room
- Sleeps: 4
- Rate: US$280 per night plus US$125 one time cleaning fee
- Minimum stay: 4 nights
- Access: 6th floor with elevator. Intercom, security building.
- Closest Metro: St. Sulpice
- Kitchen with electric oven and electric stove, microwave, fridge and freezer
- Washing machine and dryer
- Linens, paper products, hairdryer and soap provided
- Air conditioning
- HD flat screen cable TV, DVD/CD, CD player and ipod docking station, telephone with free international and local calls.
- Broadband internet with Wi-fi and ethernet cable connection
- No smoking and no pet
Check-in: Between 2pm and 7pm. Earlier arrival possible if apartment is vacant. Arrivals after 7pm incur a late arrival fee. A representative will be waiting to greet you at the apartment and to give you your introductory tour.
Payment: By credit card only. Mastercard/Visa (no credit card fees apply). 50% deposit is required at time of booking to secure the reservation. The balance is required 8 weeks prior to arrival.